Thursday 12 January 2012

The Second Coming


My recent foray  into the world of paint-naming (or colour-titling as I prefer to call it) was the result of an epiphany, but this was not my first, there was another time in my life when everything changed - I remember it well…. I went to pick up my copy of Official Playstation Magazine from the local shop, cycled home, banged the demo disc in and jumped straight to the game with the coolest title… Metal Gear Solid
After wrestling with the backwards menu for about fifteen minutes (since when did Circle mean OK?) I finally started a new game.
The demo began with a jaw-dropping bed-wetting totally cliched theatrical opening movie, as a mysterious lone soldier breaks into a secret underground base, then the real fun began; well kind of, at first I just died (alot), but this was fine because every time I did there was this incredible uber-reverbed ‘Snaaaaakkkkeee’.
After realising I couldn’t just run up to a soldier and kick the crap out of him with my three move combo, I slowly adapted, I crept up and on my third attempt…
Square, (Hey look I grabbed him) Square (am I molesting him?), Square (no no I’m choking him!), Square (I’m still choking him), Square, (Snap! Holy crap, I just broke that guy’s neck)

My first moment of sheer joy!
Since that moment of pure elation I judge pretty much everything on how many neck snaps are i it, needless to say Liam Neeson's Taken is a favourite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment