Tuesday 10 January 2012

A moment of Revelation

Having not so long ago re-decorated my flat I’ve realised my true calling in life.
My kitchen is now covered in the fiery ‘Hot Paprika 2’, my front room is a relaxing and contemplative ‘Mineral haze 4’ and the feature wall in my hallway is a passionate ‘Stallion Red 3’.
As a child I dreamt of being a Space-Cowboy, then when my friends told me Bravestar was gay I decided I’d be a lawyer; upon discovering how difficult this would be I then spent most of high school and college flipping between the ideas of being a cartoonist and a movie director... What a waste of time.
Finally over two years after graduating from university I had an epiphany, a moment of pure clarity...
I am going to name colours for Dulux.
I have spent the last two months in my bedroom (painted in none Dulux, B&Q Bargain White (matt finish) paint as not to be distracted) dreaming up a wondrous new spectrum of colours for next years Dulux catalogue here are a few personal favourites:


Banal Vermillion


Muddy Fuchsia
 
Brooding Saffron

Cumbersome Viridian

You may be asking yourself 'how can so many exquisite colours be conjoured my a mere mortal’s mind?' Well, I have devised a cunning formula:
Random Adjective
(Can be drawn from dictionary or memory)
+
Town from Pokemon
(Red, Blue or Yellow)
=
Revolutionary new Dulux colour
Using this as a blueprint I have created shade charts for each colour and will be submitting them to Dulux for approval.
By the time of my next post I assume I will be under the employment of Dulux, and unable to share any more of my ever growing palette knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment